Fandom: Star Ocean: The Second Story/Valkyrie Profile
Characters: Chisato, Welch, Decus, Surtr, Freya, Shigeo Marsilio, Vesper, Indalecio, Ruprecht, Jibril, Nicolus
Summary: After an ill-advised virtual journey into his own unconscious mind, Decus is possessed by Surt. After tragically falling in battle, Welch is chosen as an emergency replacement Valkyrie by Freya in order to go and fight him, alongside two very strange choices of Einherjar. Meanwhile, Vesper un-petrifies Chisato to go and find out where Decus went, sparking even more internal conflict between the Ten Wise Men.
Warnings: spoilers, major character deaths, twisted humour with lots of fire and death
link: on AO3
art link: on LJ
((Admin - will there be an Apocalypse Bang 2014 group on AO3?)
Title: Enemy of the World
The Avengers (MCU)
before/after “Age of Ultron”
Alternate universe, drama
T / FRT / PG-13
J.A.R.V.I.S., Tony Stark (Iron Man), Vision, Tony’s bots (DUM-E and U). Also:
Bruce Banner (Hulk), James “Bucky” Barnes (Winter Soldier), Happy Hogan, Harley Keener, Pepper Potts, James “Rhodey” Rhodes (War Machine), Steve Rogers (Captain America). Many other MCU characters mentioned.
Happy/Pepper, Pepper/Tony (implied/past)
After a war that lasted for ten grueling years, Ultron has finally been defeated. However, when Tony Stark reappears – presumed dead at the dawn of Ultron’s war on mankind – a frantic struggle begins between those who want to restrain him in order to protect their hard-won peace and Tony’s quest to comprehend how his actions could have allowed this alien future to be born.
Complete. Part of Genius, AI & Bots series (a ‘what if?’ AU related to the technopathy AUs and the story “The Ghost Attacks”).
Canonical violence, language, character death (past/off-screen).
Art links: AO3
Who wants a posting date? Artists and authors get together and decide when works the best for you! Let me know in comments, posting to begin 23 March! I'll keep track of who wants to post when. Obviously, there are more dates than fics, that's cool, I'm trying to give you all some options. <3
23 March guineamania & stormbrite
Exciting news, everyone!
All the stories have been claimed once, so. New record, for sure, but also cool because we can do like, a second round of claims.
If there's something else you want to make art for, if you're feeling particularly creative and you want to do art for 2 fics, that's allow! Let me know here what is tickling your fancy and I'll set it up!
CLAIMS ARE NOW OPEN
At this point, just one claim per person, please. If we have remaining summaries, we'll open it up for multiple claims in few days.
Artists, use this copy and paste form to make your claim:
Proxies, use this copy and paste form to make a claim for your bud (and thanks for your help!):SUMMARIES
Here are the kickass summaries for round 3. I am assuming they'll all get claimed right quick, so once that happens, we can open it up to multiple artists working with each fic, if that's what all y'all want. Claims will open Saturday at 2pm EST (GMT-5). I'll put up a separate post then. :) Get at me ASAP with questions!( Summaries here!Collapse )
Are there any more drafts out there, lurking? I have received a grand total of 3. Now, they're three stellar looking stories, obviously, but I was wondering if anyone else was hoping/planning/wishing/dreaming to send one in.
HELLO MY PRETTIES. It's draft time again. I'm excited, how about you? Here's how it breaks down:
- Drafts due by midnight, your local time, on 4th February.
- If you need an extension, please msg me ASAP so we can set something up.
- Preview of summaries for artists will go up on the 5th of February.
- Artist claims will be open 2pm EST (GMT-5) on 7th February.
- Proxy claiming is allowed for artists, same as always!
- You will receive an email response saying I got it. If you don't get that by the time previews are up, then I don't got it and you should it it again. Yes, I check the spam folder.
The Info I Need:
- Email your draft meeting the minimum word count (10k) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach drafts as, you know, attachments, or Google Drive links, do NOT paste into body of email.
- In the body of the email (and not only attached to the draft itself, please), copy/paste the following mini-form and fill in.
- If a section (ie: title) is not part of the form, you are not required to fill it in. I get that question at least twice every round of every bang I run. I promise, I don't need you to wrack your brain thinking of a title. I am okay without titles at this stage. I don't have 600 participants and this is a pan-fandom challenge, so the combo of your username + fandom is enough for me to keep all my amazing little ducks straight.
- In this explanation, you're all my little ducks <3
OKAY AMAZING LITTLE DUCKS. That should be everything we need for yet another stellar round. Comment here or PM with any additional questions. See you on the other side! :D
HEY everyone, it's time for the second author check in. We're actually nearing draft time (and artist claim time, my favourite part of every round), which like, wow, where did the time go?
Drafts are due by midnight, your local time, on 4th February. At that time, I'll need to see 10k worth of fic (obviously, if you have more done, that's rad too), aka: 2/3rds of the minimum word count. More details on exactly what I need forthcoming (but I'll tell you now, you do NOT need to have your final title picked out. I get asked that one all the time. You only need that for like, when you're posting).
Still time to sign up, officially speaking, and now is prime time for NEW ARTISTS. Artists, we love you, come join us!